● AFR: ‘Why the vaccine may not be the end of the virus’:
► “Experts say we should bank on it being more like a flu vaccine that protects against serious disease, but only works in about two thirds of the population … the people most vulnerable to COVID-19, the elderly and immuno-compromised, will be the least likely to respond to this vaccine.”
► “The trials are not designed to look at a reduction in infectivity …while animal trials of COVID-19 vaccines have protected them against serious disease, they have not sterilised them against the virus … There is now a strong belief a vaccine will be developed, probably with partial efficacy. Over time it may or may not be moved towards sterilising immunity.”
● Health Minister Greg Hunt suggests starving poor families and unemployed people who refuse to submit to AstraZeneca’s vaccine program. MSM is promoting the idea of punishing “deniers” and implementing a vaccine passport to allow free travel: those who do not submit would have to remain in lockdown.
● AstraZeneca has been granted protection from legal claims related to the Covid-19 vaccine “by most of the countries with which it has struck supply agreements.”
● In addition to confusing case numbers and infection numbers, ABC claims that herd immunity is not being achieved in Sweden by implying that serology surveys measure 100% of those exposured to the virus. This ignores the fact that most cases are so mild that at least 80% of cases don’t produce blood antibodies.
Modelers now argue that the herd immunity threshold lies is reached at approximately 15-20% seroprevalence. This level has been measured in Stockholm, London, Nigeria, Afghanistan, NYC, Mumbai. In each of these locations, case numbers have plummeted. Similarly, Germany’s epicenter, Gangelt, peaked at 15% antibody level.
The Australian government appears to be caving to international lobbyists and insisting that people with negligible risk take a yearly vaccine merely to reduce the severity of symptoms. The best course of action for most people may be to acquire lasting, natural T-cell immunity.
● Swedish doctor (11 Aug): “if herd immunity hasn’t developed, where are all the sick people?“
● University of Washington epidemiologist: growing herd immunity is slowing down pandemic in parts of US.
● A new epidemiological model produced by a team at Oxford [interview] suggests that half of the UK may already have been exposed. The team suggests that 20% antibody prevalence is the likely threshold for herd immunity. [Presentation by Sunetra Gupta]
● Prof. Soo Aleman of Sweden (10 July): “Intensive care units are getting empty, the wards are getting empty, we are really seeing a decrease — and that despite that people are really loosening up. The beaches are crowded, social distancing is not kept very well … but still the numbers are really decreasing. That means that something else is happening – we are actually getting closer to herd immunity. I can’t really see another reason.”
● The conflicted Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation/Trust has invested 750m USD towards manufacturing and distribution of AstraZeneca’s vaccine. The for-profit Gates Trust is a major shareholder in a large number of vaccine companies, while the non-profit Gates Foundation is a major funder of the WHO whose initial communication failures laid the groundwork for a global pandemic, and Imperial College, which produced the debunked models justifying harsh lockdown measures. (For more info, see this documentary.)
● A senior Victoria Police official has revealed that Dan Andrews lied when he claimed that 1 in 4 positive cases were not isolating. This was used as justification for the 6-week lockdown. Rather, “community compliance was outstanding.” Only 42 fines were issued from 3000 door-knocks, with 16 of these after the lockdown began on August 4th.
● New Zealand health minister admits: a man in his 70s with “an underlying condition” who died after testing negative for Covid will be classified as a Covid death because he was a “probable case.”
● IVERMECTIN. Prof. Thomas Borody from Sydney’s Center for Digestive Diseases, on Ivermectin-based therapies. Asked why we aren’t preventatively treating the elderly, he replied: “There is no drug company behind it. There are no people who are lobbying government and giving donations for reelections and so forth.” [mp3]
● The anti-parasitic drug is a potential game-changer and is beginning to replace hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) as the preferred prophylactic and treatment in India. Like HCQ, it’s cheap, safe, can be used preventatively, and is generally prescribed with an antibiotic and zinc:
● Victorian medical experts warn that cancer notifications have “nosedived”, estimate hundreds will unnecessarily die from serious illnesses due to lockdown (12 Aug). A University of Sydney professor estimates 750 extra suicide deaths per year (25 July).
● Coronavirus: Why everyone was wrong. “The immune response to the virus is stronger than everyone thought.” Translation of article in Swiss magazine Weltwoche, 10 June, by Beda M. Stadler former director of the Institute for Immunology at the University of Bern.
●A clear picture is emerging from international blood antibody testing which suggest the virus has spread much more widely than official case numbers.
● These serology surveys imply that Covid-19 has a considerably lower fatality rate than previously thought – in the 0.1 to 0.3% range, compared to the WHO’s March estimate of 3.4%, or the CDC’s more recent July 10 estimate of 0.65% (citing a flawed outdated meta-analysis.) The CDC had previously produced their own estimate of 0.26%
● Another serology survey found antibodies in 23% of Mumbai’s 20m residents, 35 times the number of lab-confirmed cases.
Dr Natarajan: Delhi also at 23% sero-prevalence. “We are rapidly heading to the herd immunity threshold, or maybe we’ve already crossed it.” (10 July)
Indian TV debates whether herd immunity has been reached in Mumbai (3 Aug)
THE INFLUENCE OF BIG PHARMA:
● LancetGate: a fraudulent, retracted study attacked HCQ as unsafe – and was widely used to argue in favor of Gilead’s expensive, less-effective Remdesivir. Shortly after, Gilead signed a $1.6bn deal with US Gov.
● In the US, it appears that hastily-developed vaccines can only be deployed where there are no viable alternative treatments. The Project BioShield Act of 2004 allows the FDA to issue an EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) to “allow unapproved medical products” to “treat or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions” in cases where there are “there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives.”
● The FDA has stated that HCQ is “unlikely to be effective” and repeats debunked claims that it has “serious side effects” which make it ineligible for EUA use.
ANTIBODY TESTING IN AUSTRALIA:
Little serology testing has been conducted so far. However, based on preliminary results from an antibody study in Sydney, in early August NSW chief health officer Kerry Chant suggested that 1 to 2% of the population may have been infected, i.e. 80k to 160k people (despite an official case count of 3842, with just 50 deaths.) That translates into an IFR of 0.03 to 0.06%. She later walked the comment back, suggesting “less than one percent.”
Why lockdowns are the wrong policy. Prof. Johan Giesecke, one of the world’s most senior epidemiologists, and advisor to the Swedish Government.
Interview with Swedish Covid-19 chief, Anders Tegnell (23 July)
Panama: HCQ banned and reintroduced
(deaths in red, cases in blue)
Dr Byram Bridle believes it’s unrealistic to expect a good vaccine within the next 2 years (from 15min):
“The bar has been lowered quite dramatically such that a lot of governments and regulatory agencies now define a vaccine as being successful (and worthy of licensing) if it merely reduces the severity of Covid-19 and/or prevents death … it’s really becoming a therapeutic intervention. It would not be a tool for elimination.”
► The world’s fastest ever vaccine development took 4 years. Anything less would need to rush through safety testing and the vaccine may not trigger a proper immune response.
► Any vaccine will be significantly less effective for seniors.
► Global vaccine revenues have doubled to $60bn USD over the past 6 years.
► Govt guidance stipulates that Covid-19 must be listed on the death certificate in cases where the virus merely may have contributed to death.
► Median age of death from/with Covid-19: 85
► Life expectancy at birth: 83.5 years
► On average, 142 people die every day from heart disease, dementia, cerebrovascular disease and chronic respiratory diseases. The average age for these deaths is 85.6 years
► 40% of aged-care residents ordinarily die within 9 months. The average stay is about 2.5 years.
► Approx 200,000 Australians reside in aged-care facilities.
10 YEARS AGO. Remembering the 2009 H1N1 scare. Drug companies and WHO created a fake pandemic: “one of the greatest medicine scandals of the century”
Swiss death rate in 2020 vs historic norm (green zone) for ages 65+ and below 65. The pandemic has not resulted in a statistically unusual death rate for those below 65:
US nurse blows whistle: medical records are being changed to categorize Covid-19 negative patients as positive:
Prof. Carl Heneghan: can we trust Covid-19 death numbers?
● Oxford CEBM: Why no-one can ever recover from COVID-19 in England – a statistical anomaly.
Sweden. No lockdown. It seems those who caught this earlier were just more susceptible. By May 20 in Stockholm, 1 in 5 had blood antibodies.
Afghanistan. Antibody prevalence measured at 31.5% in August. A brief initial lockdown was quickly lifted. Despite having a poor healthcare system, case numbers are now plummeting: